Metro Music Therapy offers university-affiliated internships for music therapy students who are seeking a diverse and dynamic internship experience. Our company has many music therapists on staff who provide a variety of services all over the Metro Atlanta area – and as an intern, you will work with and be a part of it ALL.
Please note: we are currently affiliated with The Florida State University, The University of Georgia, The University of Alabama, Georgia College and State University, William and Carey University, Belmont University, Queens University of Charlotte, Loyola University, and West Virginia University. If you are a student from a college with whom we do not yet have an affiliation, please discuss your interest in starting an affiliation between your college and Metro Music Therapy with your professor prior to sending in your application materials. We welcome affiliations with all AMTA approved university/college music therapy programs.
PLEASE NOTE: We will begin accepting applications for our 2021-2022 Interns from January 4th- February 12, 2021. We will have two internship slots available: One internship taking place August 2021-January 2022 and one taking place December 2021 (or January 2022, depending on Intern availability) – May (or June) 2022.
Once our application window is open, please send the following materials to the email (PREFERRED) or physical address below. Please do not send materials prior to our application acceptance period.
- Cover Letter and Resume
- MMT Application: (LINK WILL BE ACTIVE ON JAN. 4TH, 2021) https://metromusictherapyga.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/MMT-Internship-application.docx
- Three (3) Professional Letters of Recommendation
- Two video clips of applicant playing guitar (or piano for 2nd video) and singing. Songs chosen should be of two different genres and are applicant’s choice.
- Official Transcript from all colleges/universities that you have attended
- Email all application materials to Laura@metromusictherapyga.com. If Transcripts require postal mailing, please send them to:
Metro Music Therapy
C/O: Laura Lenz 5950 Crooked Creek Road | Suite 150Q
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
If there is an email transcript option, please email to Laura@metromusictherapyga.com