Metro Music Therapy offers university-affiliated internships for music therapy students who are seeking a diverse and dynamic internship experience. Our company has many music therapists on staff who provide a variety of services all over the Metro Atlanta area – and as an intern, you will work with and be a part of it ALL.
Please note: we are currently affiliated with The Florida State University, The University of Georgia, The University of Alabama, Georgia College and State University, William and Carey University, Belmont University, Queens University of Charlotte, Loyola University, West Virginia University, and Converse College. If you are a student from a college with whom we do not yet have an affiliation, please discuss your interest in starting an affiliation between your college and Metro Music Therapy with your professor prior to sending in your application materials. We welcome affiliations with all AMTA approved university/college music therapy programs.
Thank you for your interest in our internship program. We have filled our two positions for the 2021-2022 program year. We anticipate the next open application period to begin in early January of 2022 for our 2022-2023 internships. Please check back here in early January 2022 for updated information.
When the application process is OPEN, Please send the following materials to the email (PREFERRED) or physical address below.
- Cover Letter and Resume
- MMT Internship application (LINK WILL BE ACTIVE WHEN OUR APPLICATION PERIOD OPENS IN JANUARY 2022)
- Three (3) Professional Letters of Recommendation
- Two video clips of applicant playing guitar (2nd video can be piano if applicant so chooses) and singing. Songs chosen should be of two different genres and are applicant’s choice.
- Official Transcript from all colleges/universities that you have attended
- Email all application materials to Laura@metromusictherapyga.com. If Transcripts require postal mailing, please send them to:
Metro Music Therapy
C/O: Laura Lenz 5950 Crooked Creek Road | Suite 150Q
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
If there is an email transcript option, please email to Laura@metromusictherapyga.com