We are thrilled to be safely offering 1:1 music therapy sessions and music lessons at our office in Peachtree Corners, GA!
Please read through the following information carefully to help you decide if you would like to resume or begin in-person sessions at our clinic space, “Studio PTC.” If the information below does not sound like the right fit for your family, we are happy to continue virtual music therapy with you.
Please understand that, if at any time, health officials make recommendations or mandates to close our offices, we will comply and resume all services virtually. If you are utilizing third-party funding for services, please understand that they may not reimburse for telehealth services, and payment responsibility falls on the client and/or their family.
STUDIO SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Our Studio schedule will allow for 15 minutes in between each session, unless the sessions are for back-to-back family members who live in the same household
- Prior to each session, our team will clean the touched surfaces in the studio and doorknobs and will then wash their hands
- For your safety, our therapists will be wearing masks to conduct each session
- For our therapists’ safety, we are requiring that clients also wear masks
- For everyone’s safety, we ask all clients to maintain social distancing (6 ft of space) at all times while in our studio space
- If the client does not have a mask when arriving for their session, we may be able to provide one for them, but there is no guarantee that we will have an ample supply every time this may occur. If we do not have a mask for them to wear, the client will not be able to participate in music therapy that day
- All clients will be asked to sign this waiver prior to resuming or beginning in-person services
ARRIVAL & WAITING:
- When you arrive for your session, please remain in the car until your therapist opens the outside door (closest to the studio) to wave the client in
- Our waiting room is currently closed – please wait in your car during the client’s session
- Our therapists will be taking each client’s temperature with a touch-free thermometer prior to bringing them into the studio. If the client’s temperature is over 99 degrees, they will be re-checked in one minute, and if the temperature remains over 99 degrees, the client will be sent back to the car and will not be able to participate in the session that day
- Each client will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the studio
- If you would like to watch the session from your car, our therapists can provide you with a Zoom link which will allow you to see into the Studio during the session
- When each session is over, our therapists will walk the client back out of the Studio and will ensure the client gets into their caregivers’ car safely
- RESTROOMS: Our offices are in a shared suite space, and the restrooms in the building are used by all tenants and their potential visitors. The Metro Music Therapy staff are not responsible for cleaning this shared space. We recommend only using the restroom if an emergency, and please understand that you do so at your own risk. If restrooms do need to be used, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
METRO MUSIC THERAPY STANDARD ILLNESS & ATTENDANCE POLICIES:
Our therapists work with medically fragile clients, and we do not want to carry any illnesses to other families, infect ourselves, or our own families. If the client is sick, please cancel your session by contacting your therapist directly. It is ideal and highly preferred that you cancel your session with at least 12 hours’ notice; however, even short notice is better than no notice which allows our therapists to avoid unnecessary travel to and from our offices. If your therapist is notified about the cancellation at least 12 hours before your scheduled session time, you will not be charged a “no-show” fee for your session (full session rate). It is understood that there are emergency situations and acute illnesses that can occur and these situations will be handled on a case by case basis. The Board of Health considers the following signs/symptoms as indications of communicable illness/disease: vomiting, diarrhea, rash/swelling, fever over 100◦, sore throat, red or running eyes. Please be sure the client is symptom-free for at least 7 days before resuming in-person sessions.
- If the client or anyone living in the same home has been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, you have an obligation to let your therapist know immediately, and postpone in-person sessions for at least 14 days.
- If clients/families do need to self-quarantine, virtual sessions are always an option!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has published a list of things that you can do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Everyone 2 years of age and older should wear a mask in public settings and when they are around people who do not live in their household
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If available, soap and water should be used preferentially over hand sanitizer if hands are visibly dirty
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick (please see our current illness policy if you have any questions)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
HEALTH PRECAUTIONS TAKEN BY OUR STAFF:
Our staff always operate by the following health precautions and procedures:
- Washing hands before and after each session, after eating, using the restroom, touching their face, or when their hands are visibly dirty
- Utilizing hand sanitizer in lieu of soap and water in all of the above situations only if soap and water are not present
- Sanitizing instruments in between each lesson
- Staying home and cancelling sessions if they are sick
- Following all additional CDC standards listed in the Prevention Section above
- If your therapist or anyone living in the same home has been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, we have an obligation to let you know immediately, and postpone sessions for at least 14 days.
If you have any questions for myself or our team, please reach out any time.
Your partner in good health,
Mallory Even, LPMT, MT-BC, NICU MT
Founder & CEO, Metro Music Therapy & Studio PTC