Welcome to Metro Music Therapy!
We are so glad that you found us.
WHO WE ARE ::
Here at Metro Music Therapy, we envision a day when all of our clients, from their first breaths until their last, will be given the opportunity to grow, heal, and thrive through their involvement in music therapy services. We consider it a high honor to walk alongside our clients and their families through some of life’s hardest seasons.
Our mission is to provide the most current and innovative music therapy practices to assist our clients in achieving their cognitive, educational, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual goals.
We value honesty, transparency, empathy, warmth, and genuine connection with others.
Our Founder and CEO, Mallory Even, believes that quality Music Therapy services can only come from the best Music Therapists. Everyone on the Metro team is Nationally Board-Certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT), and Licensed to practice Music Therapy in the State of Georgia.
To maintain our credentials, Music Therapists must participate in 100 hours of Continuing Education every 5 years; and we are proud to say that we not only partake in continuing education, but we are also an Approved Provider with the CBMT to lead Continuing Education courses for other healthcare professionals.
WHO WE SERVE ::
When we say, “from first breaths until last,” we mean it! Our team has the certifications and experience necessary to work with the following:
- Premature infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Persons with Autism
- Children with Cognitive or Developmental delays
- Children and Adults with Behavioral disorders
- Grieving Children and families
- Refugees who have resettled in the Atlanta area
- Teens in Residential Foster Homes
- Teens and Adults in Inpatient Psychiatric Units
- Veterans with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Hospital Patients of all ages and with varying diagnoses
- Older Adults with Dementia or Alzheimer’s
- Hospice & Palliative Care patients
- Children and Adults striving to achieve Wellness
- Employees in High-Stress Work Environments (Healthcare, Education, First Responders)
WHY METRO ::
For fourteen years, Metro Music Therapy has been changing the face of music therapy in the Southeast U.S, and more recently, across the country and globe due to our cutting-edge Telehealth Music Therapy Programming. Our creative, dynamic, diverse, versatile and well-educated team has over 50 years of collective experience in our field. We have served clients of every age and diagnosis, we have created new Music Therapy programs for countless healthcare facilities, schools, and private programs in Atlanta, GA, and Raleigh, NC, we have a competitive and highly sought-after University-Affiliated Music Therapy Internship Program, and we have collectively employed over 30 music therapists since opening our doors. We believe in the work that we do, and we tenaciously and passionately advocate for our field and for those who benefit from our services.
SERVICE MENU ::
- Atlanta In-Person Services
- Telehealth Services (Online & Everywhere)
- Wellness Services
- Corporate Presentations
MORE ABOUT MUSIC THERAPY ::
The American Music Therapy Association defines Music Therapy as the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program. Music therapy interventions can be designed to:
- Promote Wellness
- Manage Stress
- Alleviate Pain
- Express Feelings
- Enhance Memory
- Improve Communication
- Promote Physical Rehabilitation
LET’S CONNECT ::
- Ready to get started? Fill out our Intake Form!
- Socials: @metromusictherapy
- Or Contact Us!